Thanks to its central location in Heroldsberg, the inn has been an important meeting point in the small town for centuries. The historic building was first mentioned in a document in 1350. Around 1600, the building officially became home to an authorized restaurant with the license to sell alcoholic beverages. In 1856, the hotel and restaurant was acquired by the family that owns it today. The beautiful Heroldsberg is advantageously located close to the Autobahn A3 with an excellent connection to many central places in the region, such as Nuremberg’s trade fair or the airport (NUE).