The then farm was mentioned in a document as early as 1350. In about 1600, the owner at the time, the Waldamt Sebaldi in Nuremberg, bought the right to serve food and beverages and to brew beer – it cost 18 Guldens.
All buildings burnt down during the Thirty Years’ War. In 1675, a new inn was established, but it burnt down in 1688 because of a large fire in the lower market. In 1692, a new building was constructed that included stables for the horses of traveling merchants. The tower in front of the house was built in 1721. It used to be a custom post for the collection of the fee that merchants and those transporting goods had to give in order to use the plastered roads. In 1856, Georg Adelmann bought the property. It has since belonged to his family. The house is still named after him. He died early and his wife married a man named Konrad Distler. His heir was his son Georg Distler. Georg’s daughter, Babette, and her husband Fritz Sörgel inherited the property in 1947.
In 1952, the brewery was torn down and a hotel with 70 beds was built instead. From 1966, Heinz and Else Sörgel continued to run the popular and well-known inn that offers space for 250 guests in its many rooms.
Since 1998, Gerhard and Andrea Sörgel – like 4 generations before them – work together with their employees to make sure that the traditional inn is an excellent place to visit.